Hey another newbie

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
nj4x4fever

Hey another newbie

Postby nj4x4fever » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:27 am

I just wanted to drop in on ya and say hey I'm a newbie.
Not new to the camping/hiking community just new here.
Thanks for letting me join, I want to learn as well as share some of my experiences.
Maybe do a few reviews as well.
Well see ya on the waters if your into kayaking/canoeing.
NJ4X4FEVER

Ridgerunner

Re: Hey another newbie

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:58 am

Welcome nj4x4fever ! :D Were glad to have you aboard. ;) We have a few kayakers here that will be glad to share some of their ideas and experiences with you and we look forward to your participation as well.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

hoz

Postby hoz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:43 am

Hello and welcome. I'm a canoeist. Built 2 boats and owned several others over the years. I don't care much for kayaks but what ever floats your boat.

I like wilderness tripping with an emphasis on Canadian Rivers, 2 weeks or longer.
I've paddled the Missinaibi from Dog Lake to James Bay, the Bloodvein from Artery Lake (fly in) to Lake Winnipeg, and 100 miles of the Pukaskwa Coast of Lake Superior (Hattie Cove to Michipicoten River).

Canadian canoeing is THE REAL THING, everything else is just practice.

I like making and using homemade stoves. In fact the past 10-12 years have been either alky or woodstove homemades. I like this site because everyone seems to SHARE their building techniques, not just advertise something they have for sale.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:26 pm

nj4x4fever wrote:I just wanted to drop in on ya and say hey I'm a newbie.
Not new to the camping/hiking community just new here.
Thanks for letting me join, I want to learn as well as share some of my experiences.
Maybe do a few reviews as well.
Well see ya on the waters if your into kayaking/canoeing.
NJ4X4FEVER

We're glad to have you here nj4X4fever. I had the fever once :D I looked around and a LandRover cured the fever and later had a re-occurance of it, an International "Scout" cured that little bout. Once you get the fever it's hard to get it out your system, it came back.. A "Forerunner" got it out of my system , I'm cured :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

nj4x4fever

Postby nj4x4fever » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks All For The Nice Welcome, it's much appreciated.
I am working on some new projects and will be posting videos on youtube.
I just picked up a case of 24 oz. Heineken Keg Cans and will be drinking it soon so I can build a few more cookpots.
I have so far built 6 complete kits for personal use only, I am not looking to sell anything.
My Brother greywulf2112 is working along side of me he has a lot of projects going on as well.
One project that we have been working on is a disposeable 20 Gallon Aquamira Water Filtration Gravity Feed System.
It's Coming along quite nicely, I have recently took some video footage of filtering 2 cups of water in 20 minutes time with this gravity fed system. Does anyone else have a gravity fed water filtration system that is portable. I have seen a video that JasonKlass has put on youtube.

My 4x4 Days are long gone now I have a Stock GMC Sonoma 3 Door Cab 4x4Now.My old 87 ford ranger with 13 inches of suspension lift has sold on Ebay and it is now relocated it to Massachusetts to it's new owner.
We have quite a few friends here in NJ who are big 4x4 wheelers and we go out every once in a while. I have A friend who swamped his Land Rover Within 2 hours after buying it. He had ruined the control module under the passenger seat. Nothing a hair dryer couldn't fix.
We got him up and running again and he now has his Beater Range Rover up for sale.
I Have A friend who is building 2 trucks this year one is his daily driver the other is a Ford Bronco Frame With A Custom Cab and short bed on 44's PTO operates the rear winch, and hydraulic on the front.
Enough of that I could go all day talking about 4x4's.
Thanks for having me here I hope to be beneficial and I will participate as much as I can.
Have A Great Upcoming Holiday
Dennis

GAGA

Postby GAGA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:02 am

welcome New-Jersey dude :!: if you built so many stoves your not a newbie ;)
you can pay for school,but you can never buy class!

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Welcome!

I'd love to do a long canoe trip some day! See a different kind of wilderness.
The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Return to “Welcome to bpLite.com!”