Tool Number 3

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Tool Number 3

Postby zelph » Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 pm

6 to 8 inches wide 4 inches high

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Re: Tool Number 3

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat May 02, 2009 1:45 am

i dont know what it is but i know what it looks like it would do. i looks like...

you set it down on a log and place an axe head in it. tie the line from the round loop down around the log and hook it over the other end and tie it off. that way a lunber jack or logger could file there axes in the field.

thats what it looks like to me!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat May 02, 2009 6:13 am

Its either a clamping device for a spiil plane , or it is set of pickle tongs ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun May 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Looks like a flytying vise,needed for tying those big gawdy flies for Alaskan salmon..... :lol:

Either that..or it's for holding their mosquitos still for neutering... :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 05, 2009 11:19 am

realityguy wrote:Looks like a flytying vise,needed for tying those big gawdy flies for Alaskan salmon..... :lol:

Either that..or it's for holding their mosquitos still for neutering... :mrgreen:

I heard many things about the size of the knats/noseeums and skeeters up there in Canada. I think a bigger vise would be needed to hold them :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Actually those bigger black biting flies were the mean ones,used to chewing on moose and bear.For them,human flesh is like Filet Mignon!.When they left your body they took a chunk of meat with them and left a bloody spot.After working up there in the tundra,I'd come back to WA with small scabs wherever they had bit.
Back in the mid 1980s,I worked on remodelling a flyfishing camp(Katmai Lodge) during the month of june three summers..I ate/swallowed/inhaled my fair share of mosquitos...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 am

realityguy wrote:Actually those bigger black biting flies were the mean ones,used to chewing on moose and bear.For them,human flesh is like Filet Mignon!.When they left your body they took a chunk of meat with them and left a bloody spot.After working up there in the tundra,I'd come back to WA with small scabs wherever they had bit.
Back in the mid 1980s,I worked on remodelling a flyfishing camp(Katmai Lodge) during the month of june three summers..I ate/swallowed/inhaled my fair share of mosquitos...

I forgot all about those. Good thing they're not as plentiful as the other pests. I remember, them suckers are mean and hungry and make you bleed. Many a time spent out covered head to toe with mesh and the strongest deet concentrate available. Love Canada, but hate the bugs up there. They make them mean to survive the winters. I don't think they die off, just hunker down for the winter and grow bigger and more hungry. :mrgreen:

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed May 06, 2009 12:25 pm

i got it! it holds the match for when you are testing a new stove idea that your not sure about. :lol:
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed May 06, 2009 12:38 pm

My work up there was remodeling a flyfishing camp,adding buildings, and fixing things around the camp before the guests arrived for the season.I ran crews of unwilling and unknowledgable guides and did the thinking,planning,and the major cutting,building,etc.Most could swing hammers and that was about it,occasionally hitting the nails. :lol:
The worst part was cutting out chunks of tundra for putting down blocks of treated 2x12 wood on the "fudgecicle" frozen dirt underneath for a "foundation post".Cutting the moss was disturbing their home and they weren't very happy about that. :lol: As long as you put the moss back around the post,the ground remained frozen underneath the post block...I spent many a day with a bug hat on..but usually just put up with them.
A good day was when the wind was blowing so hard they couldn't swarm but it was still really cold then with the wind chill even in June.A bad day was right after the rain and the humidity got sky high..then the bug swarms were thick and hungry!

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu May 07, 2009 10:23 am

zelph wrote:6 to 8 inches wide 4 inches high

It's a "Knee Vise"

A cord is run from one side of the vise down and under your foot and then back up to the other side of the vise. When you arch/flex your foot the vise closes. :D

Thanks realityguy for the interesting info on the building experiences and insects. You've had your share!!!!!

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”