Site operation

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Ridgerunner

Site operation

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:27 pm

I was noticing that everytime I click a URL someone has listed in a post that I close the bplite webpage if I close the link intead of hitting the back button. I find this frustrating only because I have to wait for bplite to reload if I use the back button. On WB, if you close a URL, it automatically puts you right back to the previous page without the reload time. Sorry to be venting somewhat but as you all know, dial-up sucks and that is all that is available right now. Just curious if that can be remedied or is just the way the site is set up?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Site operation

Post by zelph » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:06 am

We wil get on it ASAP. MidwaySam can fix it if it can be fixed. He's our main man :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:10 am

Thanks for looking into it, Zelph. Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I'm heading to work this holiday but I'll be happier when I pick up the next paycheck. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

bmike

Post by bmike » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:34 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I was noticing that everytime I click a URL someone has listed in a post that I close the bplite webpage if I close the link intead of hitting the back button. I find this frustrating only because I have to wait for bplite to reload if I use the back button. On WB, if you close a URL, it automatically puts you right back to the previous page without the reload time. Sorry to be venting somewhat but as you all know, dial-up sucks and that is all that is available right now. Just curious if that can be remedied or is just the way the site is set up?
depending on your browser, right click and choose "open in new window" or "open in new tab". this way you can keep the reference thread open, and see the linky...

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:14 am

depending on your browser, right click and choose "open in new window" or "open in new tab". this way you can keep the reference thread open, and see the linky...
OH DUH, forgot I could do that---will give it a try, thanks bmike ! ;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:14 am

I did'nt know that!!!! Thanks to yousa folks, I learn something new every day :D I will try that today, thanks Bmike
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Post by Pure Mahem » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 pm

The explore version I have has tabs at the top. you just click on the blank tab and then tell it where you want to go I usually just click anothe one of my favorites options. You can open a quite a few tabs I had like six open the other day and switching between them is almost instantaneous. you can even open multiple tabs like bmike was saying for the same sight. Works pretty good but I also have broadband so it's not an issue for me. :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"