THE BEANER - WorldStoveUSA

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
Ridgerunner

Re: THE BEANER - WorldStoveUSA

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:33 am

i'll still build one and see how it works. it'll only waste about fifteen minutes of my time.
In the interest of Stovie science! :ugeek:
It looks way to top heavy to me but Zelph will give us a full report, I'm sure ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 pm

It arrived in the mail today.....Nice piece of pipe and nice work on hole punching, nice piece of work, robust stove.

Stove height - 5.340

I.D. - 1.92

O.D. - 2.05

Wall thickness .060

36 holes located 1-3/8" from bottom edge (1/8" hole)

19 holes located 3- 7/8" from bottom edge (1/8" hole)

3 holes located 3/16" from top edge (5/16" hole)
Attachments
BrokenArrowVortex 046.jpg
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Let us know the "burnout life" of the necessary outer aluminum can's bottom using the biomass fuel..... ;) Still..for $50 I would assume they'd finish the stove for ya.... :lol:

I think it's been posted somewhere..anybody remember the diameter of a foster's large can?..how about the heinie pot can?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

thanks Zelph;
looking at the pic i have to assume that your measurement of "3/16 from the top" is measured to the top edge of the hole. yes?
did you measure to the bottom of the other two sets of holes? or to the hole center?

i knew i had some 2" OD S/S tubing at the shop. i cut two pieces at 5 1/2" inches today and brought them home for layout.

Daren......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Darn..I gave away my heinie pot and i think it would have fit perfect on my Big Beaner..Now I have to go buy another heinie can... :evil:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm

realityguy wrote:Darn..I gave away my heinie pot and i think it would have fit perfect on my Big Beaner..Now I have to go buy another heinie can... :evil:

you'll feel better after you empty the can! ;)

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pm

I know.. :mrgreen: ..but I still don't like beer in a can...The problem is my $2 Big beaner is going to jump to about $5-5.50! :o

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

DarenN wrote:thanks Zelph;
looking at the pic i have to assume that your measurement of "3/16 from the top" is measured to the top edge of the hole. yes?
did you measure to the bottom of the other two sets of holes? or to the hole center?

i knew i had some 2" OD S/S tubing at the shop. i cut two pieces at 5 1/2" inches today and brought them home for layout.

Daren......

Yes, to the top edge of the hole. the other dimensions are to the center of the holes.

I did a little reading today and find that the stoves does not burn the fuel all the way to the bottom of the stove when wood pellets are used. The aluminum can should fare well.

Tomorrow I'll post some interesting test results made by others that own the Beaner. Everyone reading this thread hold off on purchasing one until my findings are complete and posted. Word coming in is not favorable for it to be a backpacking stove. In the real world we want to use twigs as fuel, not store bought wood or paper pellets. If we carry fuel in with us, let's carry alcohol ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:22 pm

You mean I shouldn't have gone out and bought a 50lb bag of pellets to carry with me? :o ... :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm

zelph wrote:
DarenN wrote:thanks Zelph;

Daren......

Yes, to the top edge of the hole. the other dimensions are to the center of the holes.

I did a little reading today and find that the stoves does not burn the fuel all the way to the bottom of the stove when wood pellets are used. The aluminum can should fare well.

Tomorrow I'll post some interesting test results made by others that own the Beaner. Everyone reading this thread hold off on purchasing one until my findings are complete and posted. Word coming in is not favorable for it to be a backpacking stove. In the real world we want to use twigs as fuel, not store bought wood or paper pellets. If we carry fuel in with us, let's carry alcohol ;)

thanks Zelph.

and if we are going to carry alcohol for fuel, why the hell would we carry a stove that weighs as much as the beaner? i'm just sayin'......

Return to “Stove Testing and Reviews”