Shout out and my plan for 2008!

Welcome to bpLite. Introduce yourself, give a little hello and WELCOME.
Tobit

Shout out and my plan for 2008!

Post by Tobit » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm

I just realized I never posted in this forum when I first joined, my apologies. I will merely introduce myself by talking about my plans for this year.

My plan for this year is to start taking backpacking seriously once again in my life and hit the trails as often as I can. My ultimate goal for this year is to do a week long thru-hike of the Monadnock Sunapee Greenway Trail (50 miles) around the end of September or October. In 2009, I am hopeful that all my backpacking in 2008 has prepared me to do a thru-hike of the Long Trail. I'd then like to do the ME and/or NH sections of the AT as training for an end-to-end trek in 2011 or 2012.

It has been a long time since I've done any multi-day trips so I am going to start out at a slow pace this spring, beginning with day hikes, and work my way up. I'd also like to do a few multi-day trips this year in the Whites. The best way to get back into shape for hiking is to just get out there and do it.

I think this is a good realistic goal for me for the next few years. I'm going to have a lot of free time this year as I don't see myself going back to work until the fall. I've also adopted a section of the Monadnock/Sunapee and will be spending a lot of time on that trail this year.

Pure Mahem

Re: Shout out and my plan for 2008!

Post by Pure Mahem » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:44 pm

I went to the White mountains on a hiking trip when I was a kid, Very very beautiful place!
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Re: Shout out and my plan for 2008!

Post by zelph » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:41 pm

We welcome you Tobit.

Your plan is in action as soon as you wrote it down it's confirmed. You're off to a great start and your in an ideal location to hike some beautiful miles.

We hope your plans go well as planned :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/