Workbench photos

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
Skidsteer

Workbench photos

Post by Skidsteer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 pm

I get a kick out of Oops' stove photos with the well-loved workbench as a background. I get positively misty eyed, truth be told. ;)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun for us all to share workbench/shop photos and just generally be co-dependent. I'll start. Since I travel about five days a week, I've pretty much perfected the "mobile workbench":
Attachments
Web workshop photo.jpg
Web workshop photo.jpg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 4654 times
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

oops56

Re: Workbench photos

Post by oops56 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Where i use to work my work bench was the messes one with the most junk. My boss would say when you going to clean up your bench look the others are clean.I told my boss must be they don't do much work. cause i work so much no time to take brake and clean.Also guess who they see if they need something did you save that piece from last week we need to take a look oh i broke this you got a old one etc. The only thing i kept was clean the lath and milling machine and i had the key only 3 of us were to use them i was it charge it must be clean at time only if it was real late night call out just be sure to clean it in the morning when you come in. i got picture see if i can find it
There is at work long time ago with junk on it the one in front that how my filing cabinet is books manual

here is my work load for one week pumps of all kinds kept me busy in shop and on the floor changing them out put in bebuilt we had 100 or more pumps big 80 or more little ones
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 pm

I can't tell where the workbench is. I'm not in favor of this method of doing things. I'm in the process of organizing. These photos will self destruct in 24 hours.

Image I think this is it, maybe :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Post by Skidsteer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:01 am

LOL, I see I'm not the only one that keeps cans and whatnot in plastic sacks and hangs them up in convenient places. :D
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:36 am

Skidsteer wrote:LOL, I see I'm not the only one that keeps cans and whatnot in plastic sacks and hangs them up in convenient places. :D
HEE HEE, I would be nice to have a panoramic video of the garage walls. :lol: What you see no longer exist in the same places and arrangements.(except the workbench) It's changing for the better. My nose is the same length, not getting longer ;)

Oops and I save stuff that comes in handy at later times, thats why we have so many different stoves. We come upon some interesting concepts when we try so many things related to our hobby. Our hobby is not addictive. We can quite at any given time, right oops?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:03 am

I am not going not to quit i am now going to used junk shop a dollar store wall mart i need somthing what is i do not know but i need it.Yep if any yard sales must stop best place

toddheyn

Post by toddheyn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:33 pm

Here are some shots of my workbench. I am a woodworker also so the bench serves a couple of purposes.

Zelph and Skidsteer should recognize some items I have received from them in the photos.
"Not all who wander are lost." -J. R. R. Tolkien

oops56

Post by oops56 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Tddheyan that don't look mess up bench to me. That said here is a hint for all you stovies get the stove burner covers to put your stoves in to test any spills stay in the circle. When i spill some i take out stove light in the pan let it burn off also if a stove should have a hole its not going on the floor or to the end of the bench or table. They have them at the dollar store or a small pizza pan cake pan.

Skidsteer

Post by Skidsteer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah Todd you got to mess that up a little more like Oops said. :D

Here's a photo of my 'in the house satellite bench'. I can test here as well when my wife is being a good sport.
Satellite workbench web.jpg
Satellite workbench web.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
My actual shop is a couple hundred yards from the house so it's nice to have a few things close at hand especially in Winter.
Skids

sarbar

Post by sarbar » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 pm

My husband has dibs on the garage, I get the second living room and the dining room table for my 'junk'. I'd post photos but I would rather not embarrass myself. It is a mess :oops: I at least have an area to try out new projects. The summer table out back works great for testing stoves!
We are remodeling our house...so even worse is the "gear pile" of our backpacks, sleeping bags and pads that sits in a 4 ft high pile next to my side of the bed...that pile falls over every month or so.
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
http://www.freezerbagcooking.com