Back from my Florida Trail thru hike,,, next step sobo AT.

Questions or comments about hiking in general? Post them here!
left52side

Back from my Florida Trail thru hike,,, next step sobo AT.

Postby left52side » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Just finished up my FT thru hike and have an AT thru hike in the plans for later this summer.
Hope all is well around here,while im waiting on some funds to clear up before my hike I plan on working on A few stoves.

zelph

Re: Back from my Florida Trail thru hike,,, next step sobo AT.

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 am

Glad you made it back ok and are getting plenty of rest now :D I've had my eye on the new aluminum bud bottles for stove making. I see them along the road sides leading to the campground where I'm staying.

When do you start the AT sobo ? Where you going to place the high density foam you just ordered from ebay, under a pad or are you making a pad out of 2 layers?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

left52side

Re: Back from my Florida Trail thru hike,,, next step sobo AT.

Postby left52side » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Dan I have picked up quite A few of them bud light bottles along the road and from trash cans at popular weekend hang out spots.
I have them saved for future stove endeavors ...
I am using that CCF I got to use single layer as A back pad for myself as well as A torso length sleep pad.
I have found that as uncomfortable as it might sound I sleep better closer to the ground.
I have tried several inflatable pads and I just do not like them,I do love my thermarest z lite sol but it still weighs 7 ounces cut down to torso length.
So this CCF cut down is only 2 ounces and I feel will be sufficient for me ,will try it out in coming days on my shorter loop hikes.
Also going to play around with it for pot/mug cozies ...

BTW I have extra if you would like A piece just let me know ok .
Ill get you A chunk out when you get home.

Return to “General”