1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 pm

I got a stove that burns 13 min plus on 1/2 oz. fuel.

Image

o k its a candle cup holder 4 tiki wicks up right a bullet case open both ends saw cuts at bottle to let fuel to wicks. The wicks must be below the burn hole about 1/8 so it can vaporize the brass also helps to hole the wicks in place. 8 - 7/32 holes
16 oz. water 1/2 oz. fuel 72F water 8 to 8-1/2 min. boil not roll but good steam. burn time 13-1/2 min. + now i did not bleave it myself so i did it 3 times and all the same. Maybe a little slow on boil but the burn time cant beat it.
Image
Last edited by oops56 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:16 pm

I see a primer wick, do you have to prime it?

Whats the green part?

Move the pot support so we can see the burner better.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Skidsteer
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Leisure Acres

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Looks like the green part is a jar lid and the stove is resting on it.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Image

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:22 pm

Skidsteer wrote:Looks like the green part is a jar lid and the stove is resting on it.


I agree, I took a second look, looks like a Smuckers Preserves lid. ;)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Looks like a sewing machine bobbin being used for the burner :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:46 pm

You all are wrong the covers was to get my flame hight don't have pot stand for it yet i always try diff. hight tell i get it right. The top cover something i get at the hardware stove just has a middle hole in it 6 or 7 o d size. It does not need a prime wick but its a little slow with out it on start up wick is faster the wick is a little long half of it would work.The green on the wick is food coloring i put a few drops in my alcohol to see it better in the quart can fist.
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:08 pm

oops56 wrote:I got a stove that burns 13 min plus on 1/2 oz. fuel.

Image

o k its a candle cup holder 4 tiki wicks up right a bullet case open both ends saw cuts at bottle to let fuel to wicks. The wicks must be below the burn hole about 1/8 so it can vaporize the brass also helps to hole the wicks in place. 8 - 7/32 holes
16 oz. water 1/2 oz. fuel 72F water 8 to 8-1/2 min. boil not roll but good steam. burn time 13-1/2 min. + now i did not bleave it myself so i did it 3 times and all the same. Maybe a little slow on boil but the burn time cant beat it.
Image


What diameter is the candle cup holder?

What caliber is the casing? :)

What is the thing on top of the candle cup holder? The thing with 7/32 holes.

What is going on there??????? I can't believe it either. Boils at 8 and continues for an additional 5 1/2 min on 1/2 ounce of fuel. Yikes!!!! that's fantastic. Nahhh!! you're pullin ar legs, right?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 pm

o K the shell is a 308 the brass circle all it says at the hardware store is lantern parts they are not brass just a tin coat it burns off.Now that 13 to 14 burn i did it 3 times got the same plus the stove wont hold more then a 1/2 oz. As far as i can see my nose is not getting any bigger
Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:46 pm

O k i just went out and i measure every thing careful 1/2 fuel 16 oz. water 77F
8-1/2 min. 200F steam lots 13 and 50sec. burn time o it stil had some more flame left but it was not doing much.
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: 1/2 oz.=13 min. burn

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:51 pm

oops56 wrote:o K the shell is a 308 the brass circle all it says at the hardware store is lantern parts they are not brass just a tin coat it burns off.Now that 13 to 14 burn i did it 3 times got the same plus the stove wont hold more then a 1/2 oz. As far as i can see my nose is not getting any bigger
Image


Oops, you got yourself a great stove design there.

That cast iron pan you carry around with the hole in it keeps your nose from growing :D We know you would'nt pull our leg.

What would happen if you put the wick and 308 and the holy top on top of an aluminum tea candle tin(more heat transfer to fuel)? Would it stay lit and bloom by itself instead of having to use a primer wick?

Again, great design!!!! Nice use of different parts. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/


Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests